Hello fashionjuuice readers! I understand how inconvenient it can be refreshing a page and waiting for a blog post to appear because you don’t have a wordpress account and therefore can’t follow the blog (apart from email). So to make viewing my posts easier for my readers, I have started a Facebook account Fashionjuuice! It is a page that revolves around this blog, which if you like, will notify you when I post a new blog post…easy! I think I have just about covered every social media outlet now from Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr, to the new Facebook account! Lucky I really enjoy fashion blogging because being a full time student at university, working part time and social events always seem to take up most of my time these days.
Speaking of university, as it says in my “about me” I am a Journalism and Public Relations student at QUT (Queensland University of Technology) in Australia and this semester for journalism I have to report news for a full week on television and a full week on radio. So with this nerve-wracking experience looming ahead I have been thinking about what should I wear when I go on air (unintentional rhyme).
After looking at numerous news reporters and their attire I think it’s safe to say these are my favourite looks and what you can expect to see me wearing if you tune in to watch my reports later this year.
Necessities for reporting on television:
1. Blazers – and lots of them! Not only in black, but I love the bright vibrant coloured ones and don’t forget that floral is in this season! Just make it more formal with a pair of black pants and plain neutral coloured shirt.
2. Blouses – obviously the plain white blouses are in at the moment, but you don’t have to stop there! Like with the blazers, add a bit of colour to the dull and traditional all grey/black outfits by wearing a vibrant coloured or a printed blouse.
3. Pencil skirts – need I say more? Classy and chic, perfect for television. I love this concoction of DKNY pencil skirt and simple white blouse…perfection.
4. Black/coloured trousers – the obvious one, they go with everything, are conservative and you can style them up with any of the top 3 points. Black trousers are a staple item but adding coloured trousers to your wardrobe will brighten up a plain outfit.
5. Long sleeved/to the knee dress – be careful with a dress not to accentuate the wrong features. Keep it G rated with long sleeved, to the knee and not too low cut. Georgie off The Today Show pulls this look off perfectly.
I hope you all enjoyed my post and liked my Facebook page! Wish me luck for my on air gigs…and of course, once I have finished my weeks on air I will publish a blog post with pictures of what I wore and how it all went.
- Liana xx